Wednesday 19 September 2012

Fairy garden

A couple of weeks ago it was my lovely sister's birthday and we all met up to visit Furzey Gardens in the New Forest.  We were all very excited (well, me and my sister and my two boys, not so much the husbands!) because this garden is known to be home to some tiny inhabitants.  Fairies!  Yes, we found out that around the garden there are 30 fairy doors in secret locations.  We all had great fun looking in all the nooks and crannies for them!

 Isn't it so sweet?!  Me and my sister were so excited!  We went back to being little girls again and it was great fun!

 You can see some of us looking at a fairy door on the right hand side!
 See the tiny wellies.....
 There was even a fairy school which actually had a little blackboard inside.

 
Two happy boys running around there!






Lots of beautiful flowers.....
 And more fairy doors!
This must house a big family of fairies I think!  No actual fairies were seen but there was lots of fairy dust outside the doors so they must be there!  They were probably sleeping!

I know this post is very picture heavy but sometimes pictures are the best way to describe something!  I hope you enjoyed your visit to Furzey Gardens.  I would definitely recommend it for a lovely day out for the whole family.  I am now hoping to go again for my birthday in May when the gardens will be even more spectacular with the flowers in bloom.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had great fun ... I loved fairy hunts when I was little ... what a great thing to do with the little ones ... Bee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new forest! Looks like you had a magical time!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete