Tuesday 14 August 2012

Finished blanket!

Hi everyone!

I feel like I have been out of blog world for ages!  The holidays are in full flow and going much too quickly for my liking!  I am enjoying time with the boys and the weather has been quite kind to us so far so lots of picnics have been happening!

I have a finished project to show you!


My Country Blossom blanket is finally finished!  It took a long time but I am very pleased with the result.  It will be making it's way to South Africa this week to my little baby neice where I hope it will be loved and well used.





 I put on a border using the bobble shell edging pattern from Lucy of Attic 24.  I think it finishes off the blanket in a very pretty way.








I have been very busy working on another project that I had been asked to do.  I will show you very soon!  I hope the holidays have been as stress - free as possible for those of you with little ones off school.  I will leave you with the pretty flowers that I have been enjoying on my windowsill this week.


3 comments:

  1. hello Rachel,

    really lovely blanket and the popcorn stitch flower certainly adds that extra something special.I see you've crocheted the motifs together which gives it a ribbed effect. I always think that is so much better than plain stitching. Your family in South Africa will surely be delighted when they receive it.
    Well done and I'm looking forward to see your next make that you have mentioned too.

    Gorgeous flowers!!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blanket Rachel, I'm positive it will be very well loved!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet blanket is so pretty Rachel!...There is going to be a very happy recipient...
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete