Thursday 24 May 2012

This week

Hello everyone!  It seems like a long time since I have posted.  This has been one of those weeks where life has been a challenge, so it has gone extra slowly I think!  I have a condition where I have unstable hips and pelvis (a problem left over from pregnancy) and it has been especially bad recently and makes normal activities very tricky.  It is a little better tonight thankfully though.  Anyway, enough of the woe and onto more cheery things!

I have been baking.  This is something Mini Budgie (my 3 yr old) loves to do.  I think it is his most favourite activity.  I think it might have something to do with the fact that it usually ends up with eating!  He loves his food!



This is an easy banana bread recipe that I got from here.  It is very straightforward and it has turned out perfectly every time I have used it.  It is a very popular family treat and extra yummy with a little butter spread on it!

Here is a knitting bag that I was given by a friend for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.


My friend knows me well!  It is pretty, pink and flowery and I love it!  Would you like to see what is inside it?


I will get it out and show you.


It has been knitted and unravelled a few times up to this point which is why it has been in my knitting bag a long time and untouched for at least two months!  I am a bit scared to pick it up again because I seem to have lost count of which row I'm on in the pattern and with all the criss crossing cables, I don't find it easy to figure out where I am!


I am showing you in hopes that it will spur me on to gather some courage, work out where I am in the pattern and carry on!  It is going to be a bag and I am quite excited with the finished bag that is in my mind!  It is lined with a pretty fabric and has nice handles.  Hopefully it will become a reality!  Anyway, now that I have showed you, I will have to update you with my progress soon!

3 comments:

  1. Your banana loaf looks very tasty, wouldn't mind a slice with a cup of tea!
    Your bag is looking tasty too... lol! Loving the navy and the cables. Have you tried a line counter stuck on the end of your needle, or the basic tally crossing off on some scrap paper (or special knitting book) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana bread is one of our family favourites too! Looks scrummy!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift! I am in awe of your knitting skills, I can just about manage the basics as long as it is square or rectangle in shape!

    ReplyDelete